Trading Standards Commitments
Dumfries and Galloway Council’s Trading Standards Team will:
1. Provide fair and impartial service for both traders and consumers.
2. Ensure compliance with consumer protection legislation and agree to carry out any investigations promptly and fairly.
3. Provide advice on both civil and consumer protection legislation upon request.
4. Assist with staff training where possible.
5. Provide an officer who will act as a point of contact for the business in any dispute and for the provision of advice and assistance.
6. Provide appropriate advice to the consumer following a complaint to the service. Where the complaint cannot be resolved, either party can invoke the dispute resolution process. Where appropriate we may recommend arbitration through a trade association, ombudsman or Court action.
7. Provide an appropriate level of promotion of the scheme and its members.
8. Conduct regular reviews of the scheme and of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change terms and conditions where appropriate.
9. Reserve the right to revoke membership of the scheme where traders pursue a course of business conduct detrimental to consumer’s interests, or in conflict with these terms.
10. Reserve the right to publicise the removal of traders from the scheme where appropriate.
11. Provide a comprehensive feedback system that is accessible for both traders and customers.
12. Process members’ data in accordance with the Data Protection Act.