An appeal process is available to applicants who have been refused membership or for members whose membership has been revoked.
Any decision to either refuse or revoke membership by the Trading Standards Service will be communicated in writing to the business concerned. Reasons for the decision will be given, along with information about how to appeal against it.
To start the process the applicant should write to:
Planning and Environment Services
Dumfries and Galloway Council
75 Buccleuch Street
1. Any Appeals must be made in writing within 28 days of membership being refused or revoked. Appeals made after 28 days will not be heard and the applicant will be deemed to have given up their right to appeal.
2. Appeals will be conducted in writing and may in some cases be conducted by way of a personal hearing this however is at the discretion of the appeals panel.
3. A dedicated Trusted Trader Appeals Panel will be responsible for overseeing the appeal. This panel exists to be an impartial body that can make a final decision to settle any disputable that exists regards membership being refused or revoke.
4. Any costs incurred by the applicant throughout the appeals process will be borne solely by the applicant.
5. The decision of the Appeals Panel will be binding on all parties concerned and the findings will be explained to the applicant in writing within 28 days of receipt of the appeal.
6. If you are still dissatisfied with the decision, you maybe appeal to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.